Sports massage is commonly used by athletes to assist with the following aspects of training and competition:
- Assisting with the mental preparation for sporting participation
- Assisting in the training and conditioning phases
- Assists in the preparation and recovery from competition
- Helps to prevent injury and aid recovery from training sessions
- Assists in the removal of metabolic waste products
- Assists in increasing/decreasing muscle tone and length
Please note, this list is non-exhaustive, if you have a query, please contact me to discuss what massage could do to assist you.
A full consultation will be taken, including a medical history, and full body assessment prior to any treatment. This will involve dis-robing to underwear or similar swimwear (swim shorts/bikini).
After discussing the nature of your sport and related issues, treatment will be agreed and commenced.
Subsequent visits and any self-help recommendations may be required dependent on your event timetable; these will be discussed with you at this time.